The implications of this are:
- Every piece of content should function as an independent business that can be embedded in whatever Web site wishes to host it;
- Advertising needs to integrate with every piece of content and go wherever it goes;
- Journalism organizations should think of themselves as wire services providing content for any interested Web site; let people who intimately know their audience aggregate and present the content (after finding it with search);
- Geographic areas are losing a means by which to form a common identity;
- Human connections are being driven by shared interests, not proximity, but relationships without a physical component lack accountability;
- A journalism organizationâ€™s value will be measured by, for example, â€œcontent viewsâ€ or â€œtime spent on contentâ€ instead of page views or time spent on page.