The team behind Medium.com, a so far very enjoyable site to check in with, put together “one page briefs” to help inform decisions about their creations. They’re described in this essay. With a little flexibility, they can be useful questions to ask before executing any creative act (art, relationship, communication…):
- Who is this page for?
- What problem does this page solve for the user?
- How do we know they need it?
- What is the primary action we want users to take on this page?
- What might prompt a user to take this action?
- How will we know that this page is doing what we want it to do?