See that picture? You see that thing of evil? That’s what I was hit with at twitter.com/flashlightflies after I followed Asianjin’s instructions on how to tear down the 140-character cell in which Twitter imprisons/frees us all.
Well, anytime something is technically wrong, there is a way to make it technically right.
A quick search for “twitter account ‘something is technically wrong'” brought up a number of interesting results, but the first post I went to gave me the hint I needed: Twitter’s API was fully functional, so third-party applications were working.
Oh. Ah! Yes! Ah-hahhhh. Mmmm. The fix, then:
- I signed in using Tweetvisor.com.
- I found the tweet in which I tried to break the 140-character limit.
- I deleted that tweet.
And twitter.com/flashlightflies is back.