Update: I’ve created a simpler and better-tasting solution. Here you go: Cocopower Coffee Bamzoom:
* 1 cup of coffee.
* 1-3 teaspoons of organic cacao powder (to taste).
* 1-3 tablespoons organic unrefined coconut oil (again to taste).
* 1-2 tablespoons organic coconut cream (to taste).
* Vigorously mix all of the above. Seriously, whip it wild: Use an electric blender.
* Drink and feel surges of energy and mental clarity.
The old recipe using non-dairy versions of butter is below.
I’m allergic to dairy, so I tweaked the ingredients on the Bulletproof Coffee recipe to use Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Sticks instead of real butter:
1. 1-2 tablespoons Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Sticks (add 2 tbsp if you omit the coconut oil).
2. 2 teaspoons coconut oil (optional).
3. 2 teaspoons honey or coconut sugar (optional).
4. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
5. Brew two cups of coffee to handle all of the above.
6. Blend or vigorously whisk everything.
Review: Delicious. Feels more like a meal than a drink. However, the oils grip your mouth for a good while after finishing the coffee, and I can’t say the sensation is entirely pleasant.